A FEW WORDS ABOUT THE RECIPE
Chai tea infused with milky cake forms into a Chai Latte Loaf Cake. Not too sweet with a great depth of flavour and moist texture.
Makes 1 large loaf
Preparation time: 15 minutes + 15 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour
- Place the sultanas, currants and caster sugar in a large bowl and pour over the chai tea. Stir well and leave, covered, overnight for the fruit to plump up and infuse.
- Heat the oven to 180 C, 160 C fan, 350 F or gas 4.
- Add the egg to the bowl of soaked fruit and beat in.
- Sift over the flour and stir until the mixture is well blended.
- 250g sultanas
- 250g currants
- 250g caster sugar
- 400ml cold tea (75ml of H&J chai with 300ml water)
- 1 free-range egg
- 500g self-raising flour