A FEW WORDS ABOUT THE RECIPE
Indulge your sweet tooth with this easy-to-bake apple crumb pie recipe, perfectly spiced with our chai syrup.
Makes a small Apple Crumble
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 20-30 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/gas 5. Peel and core the apples. Cut them into quarters and then into chunks.
- Put the apples into a pan with the sugar and chai. Cook over a low heat for 5 minutes and place in a small ovenproof dish.
- Mix the oats and flour in a large bowl. Once it looks even cut the butter into small chunks and add this to the oat and flour mix. Mix with your fingertips until it resembles an even crumb texture. Finally, add the sugar and mix through.
Cover the fruit with the crumble mixture. Bake for approximately 20 minutes until the crumble is golden and the apple hot.
For the crumble
- 35 g rolled oats
- 35 g wholemeal flour
- 20 g caster sugar
- 35 g butter
For the filling
- 400 g cooking apples, peeled, cored and quartered
- 50 g brown sugar, to sweeten
- 2 tablespoon H&J chai